“I get more value from my Marketing Council in 1/2 a day than I get from a month of other conferences. No BS. Just product leaders trying to help and learn from each other.”
– Chief Marketing Officer
It’s difficult to find effective ways to grow and nurture your professional network.
That is why we are here.
- Your days are jam-packed.
- Time is a premium and real deadlines often prevent ‘stretch’ projects or assignments.
- Conferences are interesting but not a great for developing real relationships.
- You want to meet people who understand your context and can offer relevant help, quickly.
- You need a solution that consistently delivers and doesn’t blow your budget.
Hundreds of leaders rely on us.
For over 15 years, Collaborative Gain has been bringing leaders together in confidential, customized, non-competitive Councils to quickly get help from, be inspired by, and to have an authentic connection with their peers, which is so hard to find in our fast-paced world.
We have Councils for C-Suite leaders including CEOs, CMOs, GMs, COOs, CTOs, CROs, CHROs and for leaders of Product, Marketing, Technology, Operations, Data Science, Customer Experience, User Experience and more.
We started in 2002 with companies like Google, Amazon, Travelocity, and have grown our diverse community of leaders across industries, business models, company size and locations across the U.S.
Leaders rely on us to help them connect and learn from each other efficiently.
How does it work?
We make it easy for your leaders to tap into our community throughout the year:
- All members are placed on a Council of peers, people who have similar scope of responsibility and seniority
- Each Council has 15-20 members
- We convene all of our Councils twice a year for two days of in-person meetings
- The agenda for each meeting is set by the Council members – focused on real issues, current challenges, trends, opportunities, and lessons learned (mistakes are often the hidden gems to learn from)
- Each Council has an experienced facilitator that leads the agenda setting and facilitates the meetings
- In between the meetings, the facilitator and the Collaborative Gain team help members access the community virtually and locally:
- Virtual roundtables – small conference calls focused on a particular issue, challenge or trend
- Small local dinners & happy hours across the U.S. where members connect in an intimate group size and setting
- Private online community with thousands of questions and answers
- Webinars – often led by members who share something others want to learn about
What do our Councils discuss?
This is a community where members can collaborate with smart peers on everything and anything.
Topics/themes have included:
- How do you know you’re building the right product?
- Establishing a career path for my team(s)?
- Approaches for managing stakeholders (or CEO) – managing up, across, and down
- Challenges of marketing global products?
- AI, Jobs to be Done (JTBD), analytics, etc.?
- And a lot more…
See some sample agendas from some of our Councils.
What do current members say?
“Despite my hectic schedule, I prioritize my participation year after year because it’s the most valuable thing I do outside the office (and with the long-term participation of my fellow members we keep deepening our learning and knowledge as time goes on).” – SVP Product
“The quality of my fellow Chief Analytics Officers on my council is terrific – I get more help in two days from them than from weeks or months of either consultants or conferences.” – VP Analytics
What is expected of our members?
- Time commitment: twice a year for two days (activities throughout the year are optional)
- The ability to be “present” and actively listen and participate
- The willingness to ask peers for help and be humble
- The ability to be open about what works, what hasn’t, and share any mistakes
- The commitment to grow as a leader
Sound like something you could benefit from?
The application process starts by scheduling a time with Maya Pacheco, Head of Member Admissions, to learn more and explore current Council options/openings.
Still want to learn more?
Or read what our members have shared about their own experiences with the Product Councils.