Collaborative Gain, the leading leadership development community, is looking for a program manager for its new product management service offering – a peer-to-peer community dedicated to helping product managers get the help they need every day.
At least 3 years of digital product management experience
- Passion for great product and customer experience
- Even greater passion for people and helping leaders learn
- Experience producing/publishing online content
- Experience with digital marketing a plus
- Experience developing social media presence a plus
- Strong writing skills a must
- Detail oriented
- Can-do attitude
- Experience running and facilitating meetings
- Proficiency with collaboration and cloud-based tools (Slack, Asana, Salesforce, G-Suite, Dropbox)
- Self-starter and comfortable working remotely
In a typical day, you have one-on-one phone calls with several key members you’re working with to organize a small dinner, a conference call or a topical session at a future meeting. You help drum up answers for the most recent RFH. You facilitate a webinar on ‘How product managers become better influencers’ (you do not have to be an expert on this topic, but familiar with it, so you can lead members to help each other in the discussion).
You respond to team questions on our Slack channel. You update tasks in Asana and you read some online news about some of our members. You publish the podcast from our roundtable conversation and promote it through our various channels. You probably have a couple of meetings with various members of the team and you might be doing some product management on one of our internal tools.
How do you know if this job is for you?
Where do you get joy? For example, do you love connecting people? Do you get intrinsic joy from introducing two people to each other who can help each other?
All of us at Collaborative Gain are service-oriented. We are not the stars or the center of the universe – our members ARE, and we all get a lot of satisfaction from supporting them.
- Experience in digital product management?
While we care about the cultural fit and passion first, we do care about your background and familiarity with the challenges and issues that face digital product managers.
- Smart and humble?
Humility is a core value of our community.
- Mixing admin details with higher-level activities?
All of us at Collaborative Gain get involved in administrative details. The success of our programs depends upon, among other things, mundane details being executed REALLY well.
- New York is a plus
- But, can be located anywhere in the United States with broadband access and the capacity/interest to work from home.
Collaborative Gain has a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and 3 weeks paid vacation (1 of these weeks is between Christmas and New Year’s when we shut down the office). We have several culture-supporting programs, including ‘Book Club’ where we incent employees by both covering the cost of the books and paying them to read them. The Collaborative Gain way includes some secret sauce for supporting remote teams and having a good time together despite the distance.
About Collaborative Gain
Collaborative Gain is a community (*not* a conference) of smart, passionate leaders who help each other build better, more customer (and employee) centric companies.
We create a safe zone for members to talk about what they need to be better leaders, make better decisions and have more impact on their businesses. Members include companies like Apple, Airbnb, Nike, Google, TripAdvisor, USAA, Walmart, Warby Parker, Wells Fargo, and more. These companies send smart, operating executives in areas like product, UX, customer experience, strategy, marketing, data science, etc. to learn from each other and our moderators.
We facilitate a number of programs for the community including CG500, our original Councils community, and others including CGEVP (for the most senior executives) and CGProduct (for the junior product manager), as well as some one-off experiential retreats.
If after reading this job description you think you might be a fit, and you’re excited to talk to us please do the following:
- Write us a brief email describing what you like about this job.
- Include a link to your LinkedIn profile [no résumés please].
- Answer the following question in your email: In what year did the first Council begin?
- Please send the email based on the above instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Collaborative Gain is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.