How are The Councils Unique?
We recruit the right people with the right experience.
We place each member on a Council.
We separate competitors.
We hire great moderators to run each council.
We create trust: so you can learn fast
—Aisling Hassell, Airbnb
The Councils are incredibly valuable. Every executive that qualifies should join.
A Council is a small group of 15-20 non-competitive peers with similar experiences and seniority, but who come with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
This is a passionate community of leaders
Each Council is led by an independent, experienced moderator—someone who cares, who has real industry expertise, a large dose of customer passion, AND who makes it easy for members to ask for and give help to each other.
Each year, members attend two retreats where they meet with their individual council group, guided by their dedicated moderator. Attending these retreats is the heart of the experience and what members tell us they love the most.
Customized agendas are created for each retreat collaboratively between moderator and council members. Moderators conduct one-on-one interviews with each member before the retreats to understand recent successes and current challenges, and structure high-impact and topical agendas that address the most pressing issues faced by members.
- August 16 - Small Dinner (Washington, DC)
- August 16 - Small Dinner (Mountain View, CA)
- August 22 - Small Dinner (Boston)
- August 22 - Small Dinner (Chicago)
- August 30 - Small Dinner (San Diego)
- October 10-11, 2017 - Council Meetings (San Francisco)
Customers Included Tour
- September 30 - Estée Lauder (New York)
- November 29 - JSTOR (Ann Arbor, MI)
- November 29 - ZingTrain Speaker Series (Ann Arbor, MI)
- See a list of companies where Phil has given his "Custommers Included" talk
Phil Terry is the CEO of Collaborative Gain and co-author of Customers Included. Across the world, Phil has given hundreds of talks at startups, Fortune 500 companies, and everywhere else that people care about great customer experiences and humble leadership.
Phil also writes regularly where he shares insights and stories about leadership, great customer experiences, and how to ask for help.