How does it work?
We welcome the right people with the right experience.
We place each member on a Council.
We separate competitors.
We hire great moderators to run each council.
We create trust: so you can learn fast
—Aisling Hassell, Airbnb
The Councils are incredibly valuable. Every executive that qualifies should join.
We have over 20 Councils, each is a small group of 15-20 non-competitive peers with a similar scope of responsibility and seniority, but who come with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
We have Councils for C-Suite (CEO, CMO, COO, CTO, CHRO, CXO, CPO, etc.) and their senior leaders of Product, Tech, UX, Marketing, CX, Data Science and more. See all Council Groups
Each Council is led by an independent, experienced moderator—someone who cares, who has real industry expertise, a large dose of customer passion, AND who makes it easy for members to ask for and give help to each other.
Each year, members attend two retreats where they meet with their individual council group, guided by their dedicated moderator. Throughout the year we help members to connect with the broader community virtually and locally.
Customized agendas are created for each retreat collaboratively between the moderator and council members. Moderators conduct one-on-one interviews with each member before the retreats to understand recent successes and current challenges, and structure high-impact and topical agendas that address the most pressing issues faced by members.
- Spring: April 16 & 17, 2019 - San Francisco
- Fall: October 14 - 16, 2019 - TBD
- Spring: April 20 - 22, 2020 - TBD
- Fall: October 12 - 14, 2020 - TBD
Local / Virtual Meet Ups
- Jan 23 - CG Talk: Why the Subscription Model Will be Your Company's Future - and What to Do About It
- Jan 24 - CG Talk: NPR’s President Talks about Lessons Learned from their Sexual Harassment Crisis
- Jan 28 - NYC Strategy
- Jan 31- Washington DC
- Feb 1 - CG Talk : The Importance of Humility: Findings from Research that can Improve Performance
- Feb 7 - NYC Design
- Feb 12 - CG Talk: Running an 85% women company? (with Warren Buffett as your boss to boot
- Feb 13 - SF UX
- Feb 13 - ATL
Phil Terry is the CEO of Collaborative Gain and co-author of Customers Included. Across the world, Phil has given hundreds of talks at startups, Fortune 500 companies, and everywhere else that people care about great customer experiences and humble leadership.
Phil also writes regularly where he shares insights and stories about leadership, great customer experiences, and how to ask for help.