Collaborative Gain helps leaders help leaders.
Founded by Phyl Terry in 2002 with other Internet pioneers like Marissa Mayer, then of Google, Elizabeth Peaslee, then head of product for Travelocity, and others.
Over the last two decades, thousands have participated in the following programs (see their testimonials):
- Product Councils
(Chief Product Officers, VPs of Product and Directors)
- C-Level Councils
(COOs, CMOs, and other C-Level leaders)
- CEO Councils
- Customer Experience Councils
(Chief Customer Officers, VPs of Customer Experience)
- Early-career women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ in product and UX
- High-performing individual contributor, or first-time manager
- Based on working with thousands of leaders (see their praise here or Marty Cagan’s Foreword), Phyl’s wrote Never Search Alone, which outlines a five-step time-tested process to help you find a GOOD job – and it begins by joining a mutual support group, or Job Search Council
- We offer a *free* matching service that will connect you to peer job seekers
What does it cost?
Executive Council Membership: $8,400 a year (with a one-time on-boarding fee for new members of $1,500) and is typically paid by your company.
Associate Council Membership: $3,000 a year, typically paid by your company.
Job Search Councils: *Free* matching (job seekers run these on their own based on instructions in Phyl’s book, Never Search Alone, and the Free Tools we provide)
You can also invite founder, Phyl Terry, to speak about their books, view a video of their speaking at a company or at TEDx, or read our blog.
Learn more about our core philosophy in the following:
- Never Search Alone, Phyl’s latest book, which explains the power of councils and asking for help in the context of job search and career management
- Customers Included, Phyl’s co-authored book, which shows how to ask for help from customers in the context of creating great products
- Harvard Business Review article by Phyl, Who Can Help the CEO?
- Phyl’s TEDx talk.
We have a great team including our moderators.
Also, read more about our values and why we do this and, if you are interested, read what it takes to be a moderator.
Get in Touch
Schedule a 15 minute conversation to see if one of our Executive or Associate peer councils can help you (note: if you want to join a *free* job search council, then sign-up here).