Many have spent the majority of their fitness-related activities in the past, in social environments – group spin, or HIIT classes, yoga and others, but how do you keep up with the all-important movement and fitness when you’re cooped up at home? Here are a few ideas:
- Fitness Slack Channel – if you’d like to follow other Council members, ask to be invited to this Slack channel.
- Our friends at Unfold Yoga have launched their own digital offering called Unfold Digital PLUS with more classes, access to the recordings, and longer class formats. We created Unfold Digital PLUS to provide a more robust option. You can read more about the details here.
- ClassPass is activating its entire network of gym partners to offer online workouts, and they’re giving 100% of total proceeds to the small business gyms that produce the content. Grab your iPad, sign up for ClassPass and get to work!
- Peloton is now offering a 30-day free trial to their Peloton Digital format, that has all kinds of workouts you can live stream or follow along in pre-recorded classes. All you need is a little space and a smart device and you can take advantage of dance, cardio, meditation, cycling classes and more. Not all classes need their Peloton-specific equipment.
- Peloton also launched a Fit Family series that includes workouts, meditation and brain breaks for kids of varying ages. See more here.
- Channel your inner Jane Fonda, and get down with this workout video from the 80s.
And, while you’re at it, how about this great 80s playlist for the rest of your workouts…?
- Down Dog has several activity apps on offer – yoga, HIIT, barre and more.
Train Your Muscles Without a Gym – Get to a nearby park and get in shape (safely) – The New York Times
Five Home Workouts to Do During the Coronavirus Outbreak – The Wall Street Journal